'A Chronobiological Evaluation of the Acute Effects of Daylight Saving Time on Traffic Accident Risk'

@kurtwm1. I may just leave the clock on regular time and post a placard on the clock that indicates it is in standard time.
Here in Indiana before February of 1954, the state was on Central Standard Time. By state law, all state buildings had to be on Central Standard Time the entire year. However, the rest of the state went on Daylight Savings Time just like the other states. Therefore, the clocks in state buildings, including state colleges and universities had to be on Central Standard Time. Thus, in the state colleges, the classes were on Daylight Savings Time in the spring and summer months, but the clocks in the buildings were on Central Standard Time. The clocks had a placard taped on the face that had CST printed on them. Therefore, during the time period when everyone went on Daylight Savings Time, you looked at the clock and added an hour.
I think it was February of 1954 that the Indiana Legislature put the state on Eastern Standard Time. We stood out in the dark waiting for the school bus. Now, except for a few Western counties, the state goes on Eastern Daylight Time from March through October.

Now that suggestion I like, having changed 14 clocks. But what about a digital clock? Can’t rotate the dial.

Driving through Indiana it is usually late and getting later before an over-night in Indianapolis. It’s always a little disturbing when you think you are making good time and all of a sudden you look at the clock on the dash and it is an hour later. Somewhere between Chicago and Indianapolis. I’m glad for clocks in the car that adjust themselves.