998 Mitsubishi Diamante, LS Luxury Sedan 4D & 1998 Mitsubishi Diamante ES Luxury Sedan 4D

I found this 2 car, 1998 Mitsubishi Diamante, LS Luxury Sedan 4D & 1998 Mitsubishi Diamante ES Luxury Sedan 4D, but i don’t know which one to get… (and i want to know if Mitsubishi Diamante is a good car too!!! ( the 1998 Mitsubishi Diamante ES Luxury Sedan got 116,000 mileage… & they only cost $2,900!!! each

Hire a car inspector to check them out: then, decide.

The Diamante was not a very reliable car when it was new, and it did not compare favorably in driving dynamics to its competition. Now, 10 years and many miles later, I don’t think that you will be satisfied with the reliability of either of these cars, especially if you are used to a Honda/Toyota level of reliability. There is a reason for the relatively low price.

ADDENDUM:

I found the following review (written by an owner of a '98 Diamante) on epinions:

Mitsubishi Diamante ES (1998)

PROS:
Sharp-looking, roomy, smooth and relatively quiet with a powerful engine.

CONS:
Poor-quality door glass has excessive optical distortion. I had my front, driver-side window replaced under warranty but the replacement glass was just as bad. Wind-noise around the A-pillars and mirrors is slightly louder than I’d like. Also there were wind-leaks on both rear windows due to a poorly-designed rubber seal. The factory brake rotors are junk and expensive to replace - the “white box” rotors I bought at 40,000 miles were MUCH better quality. In 50,000 miles, I’ve had two engine oil leaks repaired under warranty which, added to the expensive brake repairs, doesn’t bode well for ownership costs after the 60-month/60,000 mile warranty runs out.

BOTTOM LINE: Not as well made as rivals from Honda and Toyota, this car is roomier and less expensive, while still providing a smooth, quiet ride and competent handling with a near-luxury look and feel. Reliability is only average and factory parts are more expensive than Honda and Toyota, leading to higher insurance premiums. Sluggish sales may translate into steep discounts and rebates late in the model year.