99 sentra trans fluid change bearing noise

Hello, I have a 99 Sentra 217500 miles 1.6 auto:
I changed the trans fluid, and now have a bearing noise on the driver’s side. The car shifted ok, but would stay locked up coming from drive to a stop.
The fluid had been changed a couple times, before I got the car @195000, but was now very greyish looking, not burnt or black. I drained and then used the car to pump 8 quarts total (keeping it filled) The car runs and shifts fine, but now I have a ‘tire like noise’ driver’s side. I jacked up each front wheel and ran the car in drive. the noise only came from the drivers side. I think it is a coincidence and am having the car checked on mon.
Any thoughts? thanks

Is that the procedure for changing trans fluid? You ran the trans without fluid while you were pumping it in? Unfortunately Transman, the expert, has left the building but I suspect you burned a bearing out.

Can you explain how you ‘used the car to pump 8 quarts total’ while keeping it full? I know fluid exchange machines can do this, but are engineered to do it correctly. How did you do it?

I drained & refilled 4 QTS… then used a gallon bucket with the oil cooler return hose running to it, ( Removed from trans)
Ran engine in short burst for each qt. refilling each time.
There is U Tube vid on this.
The noise is audible @ 25 increases with speed harmonics change with turning wheel…

You sure it’s not a bad wheel bearing? I don’t think turning the wheel is going to change the sound in the tranny.

For the record, I don’t approve of that method. For one, if the object is to flush out the torque converter, you’re not doing it. Typically, the line you’re draining is coming straight from the pump which is pulling from the pan. So, you’re only clearing the pump out. With the output side of the pump disconnected, pressurized fluid is not running to the torque converter or valve body. An exchange machine collects dirty fluid from the pump, but sends clean fluid under pressure back into the transmission to clear out the torque converter and valve body. Also, with no pressurized fluid getting back into the transmission, there are other bearings that may not be getting lubricated correctly, and this could be the sound you hear.