'99 Nissan Frontier - Odometer stopped

My odometer has stopped just short of 200000 miles and was told by a speedometer tech that my 1999 Frontier is one models the Nissan company has installed a 200000 mile limit on. t his is true?

That’s one of the most ridiculous things I’ve heard

1 Like

Some vehicles with electronic odometers do have maximum mileage before they stop. I have seen several Corollas that have stopped at 299,999. I do not think your vehicle has that issue, I just did a search and found several 99 Frontiers with mileage over 200k. I wouldn’t worry about it either way, just do your best to estimate mileage between maintenance services.

I’ve never heard that. You’d think a professional speedo tech would know that sort of info way more than I would though. I suspect however the speedo tech is either guessing or joshing w/you, and that you just need your speedo or instrument cluster repaired or replaced.The speedo reading affects the value of the vehicle, so replacing it causes folks employed by your state to worry, so that complicates things. Maybe all that is involved with what your speedo tech said.

It’s a 20 year old truck with over 200,000 miles, I don’t think mileage is going to affect it’s value at this point.

1 Like

Hey Bob…Yeah Ted? Wanna see me make this guy immediately stop driving his car with only one sentence?

Not possible Ted, no way, he loves that thing he will never stop driving it…

…and queue the initital punchline from above… LOOOL