99 mazda miata mx5

hi all

the brake masters who did my brakes had told me there was swollen hoses and the radiator was not right. and start of leak at upper hose

I took it back to aaa owned repair shop because it was under warranty and told them that those hoses and radiator were bad

they said no the hoses were fine

guess who did not change the hoses

that’s twice they did not change the hoses

And twice they have screwed up a radiator job in the span of the same year. the first time they cost themselves $1000. fired that guy. they must’ve hired his cousin.

The lower hose clamp was so tight it cut into the swollen deteriorated hose. that is as far as we have gotten. but it was spewing all the fluid out there at the cut. onto fan.

the actually qualified mechanic sent me a video of that

After the actually qualified mechanic gets a hose he is going to continue looking to see what all else is going on

thanks everyone. stay tuned.

esmerelda, the previously babied mx5’s
mom. :pensive:

Be sure to give AAA as much detail as you’ve given us, so they can do some quality control on their endorsements.

will do

I will follow up as soon as I have more finality to the assessments thanks so much

I don’t know what is causing your problems, but if you know your hoses are over 8 years old, then they should be replaced, all of them, including the heater hoses which are often overlooked.

They may not be the source of your problems, but when one fails, the others soon follow, and each time one fails, you loose all that expensive coolant you just bought and you run the risk of lowing a head gasket. Best to just replace them and the radiator cap. But also find out from someone who has eyes on the car what is causing your current issues and get that fixed as well. Then you should be good for at least 5 years with no cooling system issues.

hi when the car went in in September 2019 the bad AAA shop said they didn’t need to do the hoses

I did not believe that to be the case

and now a mechanic told me on my way there that they yes needed to do the hoses

I mentioned it and the bad shop said oh no they’re just fine…

The bad shop tightened the clamp down into a swollen hose

and yes they perforated the hose. that seems to be the major issue right now. oh phew.

I will be following up soon. I really appreciate the excellent advice and suggestions.

Trusted good mechanic will be doing follow ups and tidying up Esmeralda who looks like she is going to make it unscathed!

so far they are replacing both radiator hoses. I will talk to him about what you all have mentioned.

I will also ask for another new cap Even though the dumb shop put one on supposedly two weeks ago.

may be a positive outcome. fingers crossed.
Head gasket is not blown so that’s great!