97 Grand Marquis int lights staying on

I’ve been having a problem with some of the interior lights staying on and killing my battery each night. The lights that stay on are the climate control lights, gear shift light, and the lights on the door for the windows and locks. Every time i have to crank up i have to get it jumped off. If i pull the fuse out for the tail lights i no longer have the problem. I was wondering does it have something to do with the lighting control module or maybe the headlight switch. Please give me some advise. I’ve been having this problem for months.

I also have been having a problem with the a/c making this tapping sound behind the dash. Even with the a/c off you hear this constant sound as long as the car is on. I have no clue what is going on with this please help.

Since the lights are no longer directly controlled by switches but are operated by either the body computer or a lighting module, you will probably need the diagnostic services of a Ford Dealer Service Department…

In todays cars, the cabin air blower never shuts off, it’s on “low” anytime the key is on. Sounds like something is caught in the blower squirrel cage…You might as well have the dealer take a look at that too…