95 Civic power loss

I’m puzzled by an intermittent power loss in my 1995 Honda Civic.

I can push the gas pedal down and nothing (including the tachometer) happens until I’ve almost floored it, then suddenly the engine roars back to life.

There’s no unusual noise and the engine does not sound like it’s missing or stumbling.

Happens only at relatively low speeds.At highways speeds I never have a problem.

The Tachometer does not fluctuate during these incidents.

I hooked up a multimeter to the battery post. I have it on my dash while driving and the battery is putting out a solid stead 12volts even during one of these power loss incidents.

I’ve changed the fuel filter, fuel pump, spark plugs, spark plug wires, air filter. The transmission fluid has not been been changed recently, but it’s a healthy vibrant green and does not smell burnt.

I’ve run fuel injector cleaner through my fuel system several times over the last 6 months and this problem happens whether the tank is full or low. High grade gas or basic unleaded.

Any ideas?

Thanks

I don’t know how to answer your question, but here’s a bump to keep your well-written post from disappearing in to the Car Talk doldrums.

The consensus on here is that fuel injector cleaner is a waste of money. Good luck with the diagnostics.

Green transmission fluid? Really?

Sorry, pink. I must have been thinking about how much green it would cost me to fix the car or buy a new one.

Have you checked your TPS (throttle position sensor)? It’s the electronic link between your right foot and the vehicle’s ECM. The ECM controls your fuel injectors.

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll check that out.

I’m praying it’s not a transmission issue, because if so, that’s game over.