95 chevy overheating

95’ chevy 5.7 overheats at 2&3k rpm’s then goes dowm. New rad,temp sensor & water pump. Coolant level ok. Any thoughts? Head gasket? Intake leak?

Was the radiator pressure cap replaced along with the rest? Was all the air removed from the cooling system?

Ed B.

You said the Barr’s Stop Leak stopped the head gasket leak; yet, you say the engine is still overheating. Maybe, the Barr’s didn’t stop the leak?

rad cap replaced, turns out my mechanic mis diagnosed, it wasn’t a clogged rad it was an internal head gasket leak forcing air into the cooling system causing air lock & the temp rise. This fixed the problem one can of barr’s permanant head gasket sealer this also worked on my 03 subaru 8 months later still working.

Its not air that gets forced into the coolant when a head gasket fails it hot combustion gases

ok combustion gases I’m not a mechanic. I’t did it again acts like the thermostat is sticking even after it was replaced,temp gauge rises almost to 260 air purged rad,temp sensor,all replaced, I’m stumped.

You said the Barr’s Stop Leak stopped the head gasket leak; yet, you say the engine is still overheating. Maybe, the Barr’s didn’t stop the leak?

Or maybe the Barr’s has clogged up something and has caused a new problem.

I’ve tried running the engine with the rad cap off someone said it should purge itself but the air is still there, I can here it going thru the heater core. I was told by a mechanic that they use a vacum pump of some kind to draw the coolant and purge the air that way. Ever heard of that? Anyway I can’t seem to get the air out.

Nothing coming out the exhaust, steam ect. I don’t think it’s a head gasket leak, air is still in the system can’t get it out.