95 1/2 ton silverado cuts out just above idle

I have a 95 Silverado 1500 with the 5.7 V8 that cuts out when the pedal is held just above idle. If I am just driving normally as in pulling up to a stop sign and leaving with moderate acceleration it is fine and I don’t notice any problems at all. The time I really notice it is when I am backing a trailer up and have to hold the pedal just above idle. It acts like the fuel is just being shut off to all cylinders. When I let off the gas it will sound like it is going to die and then it will come back to idle and idle perfectly. I was told it was probibly the PCV valve and I figured that for a few bucks I didn’t have much to loose but that didn’t work. I am thinking it has to be a sensor but I may be wrong. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Sounds like a bad throttle position sensor. If you have a voltmeter you can test this yourself, you need to watch for voltage dropouts when you get to your affected pedal position. You will have to backprobe the dark blue wire at the TPS and put the other tester terminal to battery ground. Turn key on without starting engine and SLOWLY open throttle and watch for dropouts in the voltage. Voltage should rise as you push on the pedal. Any dropouts will confuse computer.

I tested the throttle position sensor and it tested fine. I talked to another guy and he told me to check the EGR valve and when I changed it the problem was solved. Thanks for the help.