92 Camry - no power to fuel pump

and if i dont get 12v at the relay with its bridged what do i do from there? trying to gather as many ideas and options before i get to work on this car tomorrow, hope i dont come off as pushy

Youā€™ll have to physically trace the l/b wire from the diagnostic connect to the fuel pump relay. At one one point it goes through connector IP3, but remains the same color. Iā€™ll sometime use a small pin to piece the insulation when following a wire like that, to measure its voltage along the way. Then iā€™ll dab a little rtv where I pierced it.

the diagnostic terminal and relay are before the computer then? so if i find an issue there its not the ECU correct? **What pins am i bridging to run Testers test? i can do that first thing tomorrow and if the pump runs ill buy a computer @George_San_Jose1

The diagnostic connector is where you bridge BAT to FP to test the fuel pump. The computer is not involved with that circuit. The computer is involved in normal operation b/c it grounds pin 4 of the fuel pump relay, which energizes that coil, which in turn closes the relay and allows power to flow to pin 1 of the fuel pump relay, and from there to the fuel pump. If the ecm doesnā€™t ground pin 4, then the fuel pump relay wonā€™t turn on (except during cranking). The ecm will only ground pin 4 if it thinks the engine is turning.

Hey so as a new member it stopped letting me respond so I registered my phone. To run Testers suggested test what pins am I bridging behind the circuit ope/fuel pump relay? I can do that tomorrow and if the pump runs Iā€™ll go get a computer

Your engine uses a timing belt

Does the engine crank over WAY faster than normal?

Or is it cranking over too slowly to start?

Before throwing any more parts at the car, perform a compression test . . . if your timing belt broke, your compression will be pretty much zero

If you donā€™t want to follow my advice so far, have you tried getting the engine to briefly run with a few sprays of ether . . . ?

1 Like

I have not tried since I gave up and parked it but when it did run on starting fluid when the problem originated.

If it did run briefly on starting fluid, then compression is good enough for purposes of starting

Have you verified spark . . . pretty much any auto parts store has cheap spark testers

If it runs on fluid it should have spark right? Or am I wrong in assuming that. Also, the lack of fuel system pressurizing and lack of voltage during tests leads me more toward it being electrical/fuse related. Iā€™m just wondering if thereā€™s another part or system that interacts with the power circuit leading to the pump