‘91 Celica. Little to no fuel pressure after fuel filter

Working on a 1991 Toyota Celica GT 2.2L. Car would crank, but not start. Replaced bad fuel pump and filter, now the car will crank and start but die almost immediately after starting. Found out that there was almost no fuel in the lines and rail after the filter. Any suggestions as to what could be the issue?

New pump & filter, low fuel rail pressure? I’d guess either the replacement pump is faulty, or the fuel pressure regular is faulty. I expect your Celica engine is configured similarly to my early 90’s Corolla, separate fuel pressure regulator at end of fuel rail. If so, remove the vacuum hose connected to the fuel pressure regulator. If there’s any gasoline inside that hose, replace the fpr.

Try cycling the key off and on a half dozen times and then see if it starts.

Tester

If you installed an Airtex or AZ fuel pump then you probably have a junk pump…

Since this is a build a pump fuel pump, are you sure you wired it up correctly??

Can you hear the pump working??

Did you replace the fuel pump relay, sometimes they burn out with the pump…

Can confirm the pump is working, and has pressure up until the new filter

If you have pressure up to the filter but not after the filter then you have either installed the filter incorrectly someway or another or you have a defective filter…

I think the inlet of the filter uses a banjo bolt, the banjo bolt hole could be clogged and not allowing fuel to flow through it…

I would remove the filter and energize the fuel pump to make sure you have flow and pressure, if so then you have a blockage in the banjo bolt or filter…

Will try that next, thanks for the advice