90k MILES LEXUS 300rx trans and brake fluid

I am getting mixed msgs from the service people. I am getting estimates on water pum/timing belt plus brake and trans replace, also frans filter. They are saying I should get the trani flush. I don’t want to unless it is advised. Also at this mileage is there any other thing I must do. I’m cash poor right now. I do have oil chng every 3K thnx

Have you looked at your owners manual?? ALL scheduled maintenance is spelled out in detail in the owners manual. If you don’t have one…stop by your Lexus dealer or shop on-line to get one.

If this vehicle has a timing belt then the interval for Toyota belts is usually 105k miles or 7 years (which ever comes first).

Trany Flush…Usually a good idea every 30-50k miles or so. When was the last time it was flushed. To do it properly the pan should be dropped and the filter replaced.

Brakes are important. Have they been inspected? If they don’t pass inspection then they should be replaced SOON.

It is great that you are diligent with oil changes, but that still leaves many other parts of the car (cooling system, brake hydraulic system, transmission, fuel system, ignition system) that also need to be serviced as per the manufacturer’s maintenance schedule. Failure to maintain those other systems is actually more likely to strand you or result in mechanical breakdown than if you went…let’s say…5,000 miles between oil changes. In other words, frequent oil changes are a very good idea, but they are not a panacea.

Maintenance should not be a mystery, as the manufacturer places a maintenance schedule in the glove compartment of each vehicle as it leaves the factory. Simply open the glove compartment, take out the booklet listing the Lexus (Toyota) maintenance schedule and follow it precisely. Ignore the “additional services” that the dealership adds to the list, and just have the manufacturer’s maintenance items taken care of.

Maintenance should not be a mystery

EXCELLENT line.

Thanks for your responses. Yes, I have the manual, but I cannot afford all suggestions right now. I also get various answers to what is best. For the timing belt, 90K vs 105 K ia a huge difference. Mine is at 92K and I put on 9K a yr. I want to take care of the absolute neessities right now. I had my trany done (the total flush and replacmet 2 yrs ago) My brakes are fine, but never have replaced the brake fluid. Thank again.

I also get various answers to what is best. For the timing belt, 90K vs 105 K ia a huge difference. Mine is at 92K and I put on 9K a yr. I want to take care of the absolute neessities right now.

If you have the manual then why the mystery??? This is all spelled out in the manual.