$900 to replace 5 air pressure monitors?

My parents have a Mercedes Benz. My neighbor has a Cadillac. the repair is expensive and a big deal anytime something goes wrong with these cars. I own a Chevy truck, a Ford Truck, and a Geo Metro for fuel economy. Besides the major stuff, I can pretty much do any repair on these myself. As for the Geo Metro, it is such a simple little car and like to say it is a more modern version of the old VW bugs. I can pick up the 1.0L 3 cylinder engine by myself.

People seem to want climate control zones, electronic everything, etc. Instead of having one AC control module, you have 4 of them at 4x the cost. It is more to go wrong and more to replace. Either way, people want all the bells and whistles but I kinda like my old clunkers and like knowing that I could do about any repair on the side of the road, provided parts are available.

That $900 is awfully expensive. But that may be just for that model/manufacturer. Had to replace one on my wifes Lexus a couple of months ago. Cost - $75 from a local tire dealer. And he was able to reprogram it also (which needs to be done).

I agree that this should NOT be mandated by the Feds. But for the people who say that they RARELY see cars in their shops where the tires aren’t up to pressure…they don’t live in the North. For every 10 degrees of temp drop…tire pressure drops 1lb. Set the tires in September…by November the tires are 4lbs too low.