6 Hours To Install Front Brake Hoses

Yes, they did replace them.

1 Like

At least you didn’t go to Autozone to buy the hoses and then have brakes that are all spongy and bottom out before the brakes are fully applied.

The shop I deal with takes customers as they arrive unless there is a good reason to reprioritize the day’s work. If you dropped the car off the night before or first thing in the morning, they may have finished it faster than 6 hours after you drove up.

I always get an appointment unless it is an emergency like when I needed a tire fixed Saturday morning. Met the guy at 7:30 before they opened and got it done right away. If it is a bigger job then just drop it off the night before and happy if it idone the next day. Don’t know any shop here that relies on walk ins unless coming in on a hook. Make an appointment and show up on time.

I had a 10:00 appointment. I arrived at 9:55.

I think everyone agrees. You had a 10:00 appointment. So what time did they promise you your car back?

Asemaster provided a very good example of the way a shop works and sometimes it can turn out to be far more convoluted than that.

I’ve had as many as 3 stalls tied up at once with cars waiting for their owners “to think about it”. That puts a serious crimp on raising another vehicle up in the air.

If we can put up with over 4 weeks of - interior and exterior house painting - new doors and windows - all new carpet and not go batty taking most of 1 day for a free recall just does not seem like a problem .

1 Like

Heh heh or six months without a house, in a rental with everything stored. And I had to fix the furnace at 2 am.

Long wait at a dealer, even got transportation to/from home. And your complaining? I had to wait over 2.5 hrs. to get my oil changed at a dealer, and that was with a first Appt. of the day. Quit your complaining. You even got to wait in the comfort of your home.

2 Likes

To pirate a line from Jeremy Clarkson.
“A solution to a problem that does not exist”.

I usually bring my laptop and catch up on work in their waiting room, as long as noone else minds me muttering at the laptop…

1 Like