5 Speed maual transmission

1994 Toyota pickup, manual transmission.It won’t go into gear. You can shift into all gear positions without pushing clutch.Can it be a clutch problem or transmission problem

Is there any feedback from moving the shift lever through the gears with the engine running?

The drive shaft could be broken. The clutch could be totally stripped out. The shift rail could be be broken and nothing moving but the lever. Did this condition suddenly appear with no warning or apparent reason?

My guess is the linkage between the shift lever and transmission is broken or well out of adjustment. Start simple (linkage on the outside).

I didn’t try shifting while it was running but it it stopped pulling (like in neutral) when driving and shifting. No warning.

The first thing I looked at was the linkage from the shifter to the transmission and it was connected.

Sounds to me like you have a burned out clutch. You say you can shift into all the gears without pushing the clutch, but it doesn’t move, right? Bad clutch seems most likely.

How many miles on the '94? What type of driving do you do . . . city or highway? Did you have any warnings (grinding)? Can you shift into any gear while the engine is running? Rocketman