2t vs 4

And which magazine at 7-11 sold you that little nugget of information?

im not sure what your saying, maybe about the dual exhaust? its ok to have it on there, but for racing, its just too much money to replace everytime you destroy your exhaust + it weighs alot (not my main concern) + why would you put dual exhaust on a single cylindered dirt bike?

maybe your talking about the 230? i didnt believe it at first, everyone on dirtrider.net and mototips.com said it, but i was dead set on it, so i looked up the specs and it was 240lbs dry! it had no backup kick, so you are screwed if you got no place to roll start it and your battery goes dead. also, the suspension is very crappy, it is too rough for the trail, but way to plush for mxing

Hey Josh, who’s your question directed at?

I think that 2-strokes are already verboten. I got one of the last 2-stroke lawn mowers in 2004, the last year that 2-smokes were manufactured. I checked the Kawasaki URL and they only sell 4-stroke bikes now. BTW, my lawn mower smokes, but only for the first couple of minutes.

there isnt as much of a problem with fouled plugs (thank God) as there used to be. most modern 2 strokers never have a problem with their plugs. i do like the 4t’s though. i am currently at 270/$500 for a down payment on that yz 125!

In California they are already outlawed, I believe, at least on lawnmowers.

When I worked for Outboard Marine Corporation (Johnson, Evinrude) in the sixties we had a lot of trouble with plug fouling on ski boats with 100 HP engines. The problem was all the full throttle starts and half a minute later back to idle, etc.

We teamed up with Castrol to design a clean-burning, low ash 2 cycle oil, and OMC oil was born. It solved a lot of problems, but hte real breakthrough was Capacitor Discharge (CD) electronic ignition, which had a much hotter spark. All this is ancient history now.

So OMC oil was better than your garden variety 2 cycle oil.

I’ve never liked two cycle engines. Too noisy and too temperamental. I like them about the same as the ricer exhaust pipes. They think its cool but its like wearing baggy pants and crooked hats-just dumb looking. And they probably don’t take their hats off inside either. What was the question again?

i hate ricers as much as the next guy, but 2t’s serve a purpose, easy to maintain, great to teach beginner riders, cheap, light, dont get as hot, there are alot of reasons they are still around. plus, a 125 2t will blow a 125 4t away without even trying. sure they sound annoying, but once you get used to it. you might start to like it.