2t vs 4

2 smoke vs 4

Leave your opinions please

Okay, you asked for it. Here’s my opinion: All crows are black. (Oops, you said opinions, right?) More than one. Okay. I’ve never seen a Purple Cow.

It’s crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide. And…

I had one grunch, but the eggplant over there.

Opinions? OK. This post is nonsense. That’s my opinion and I’m sticking with it.

2 tires vs 4? I could see that, but “2 smoke vs 4” means nothing, at least to me.

“Slip a rozzer the dropsy?” VDCdriver, you are such a scamp! “In snide!” Ha, ha!

He means 2 stroke vs. 4 stroke, and I’m assuming he’s talking about dirt bikes, and I’m going to say I like my thumper for plodding around the forest trails.

OK, but why didn’t the OP just say, “2 stroke vs 4?”

2 smoke must be some kind of code. I guess I’m just too old to understand it.

This argument will go on forever, with no solution. There are positives and negatives either way. It’s a personal preference. Buy whatever you like, two stroke or four. Personally, I prefer four. Less oil burning.

“2 smoke” Sounds like 2 stroke and they smoke more than a 4.

Trebant.

well mostly that was it, but the 2 smokes the 4

its sad, all you old mechanics have never heard 2smoke before?

Yup. And a 2-smoke puts out more power to weight than a 4-stroke. And more smoke. And more noise. And more pollution.

I always rode 2 stroke dirt bikes back in the dark ages. Dealing with 2 stroke oil and fouled spark plugs was a PITA, and the current 4 strokes have a ton of power. Today I would probably buy a 4 stroke, maybe with a little larger engine.

It is only a matter of time before the EPA outlaws the use of 2-cycle engines in new vehicles.

i dont know about the noise thing, lately people have been modifying their baffles so it sounds like a honda civic (thats bad), i prefer 2 strokes becase i dont really care about pollution, and they will make you a better rider because you learn proper throttle and brake control while trying to keep in the powerband. recently, i decided not to buy the crf 230, and go with the much faster + powerful yz125, the crf 230 is just an overweight, underpowered, fun bike, that will be easy to get bored with unless you put alot of money into it such as a bore kit, a cam, and sprockets

lately theve been talking about electric bikes only! thats gonna really suck!

The YZ125 sounds like fun. You will probably want a 250 eventually, and the difference between 2 and 4 stroke will be less noticeable. I really liked 2 stroke GP road racing bikes (before the rule changes), but for day-to-day use, I probably wouldn’t buy a 2 stroke bike.

Why? The Tesla roadster will do 0-60 in less than 5 seconds and go about 150 mph. Think of the potential on a bike!

i was going to get the 250, but it was way to expensive. one day if i ever get tired of the 125 i will buy one though. by then my grampa will have broken his lawnmower again and ill have a money source (more lawns to mow) when i do get that 250, itll be sweet, itll have a constant powerband, and the first thing im doing is taking off that retarted dual exhaust and jetting it.

electric dirt bikes i mean

nm