2023 Ford Thunderbird - PCM led to Trans code

Just had power train control module installed. Everything was working until I shut it off and restarted. Check transmission light came on. Anyway to clear that

Welcome to the forum…

It’s still under warranty being a 2023 I would hope… Take it back to the dealer, the TCM may have to be flashed with an update or something, but the longer you ignore it and drive it, is that much more possible you could be damaging the transmission, as they are all pretty much all computer controlled…

And don’t clear it, the dealer needs to see it is on as well as be able to see why it is own… If you clear it and something bad happens, you may not be covered cause the dealer can see you messed with it…

It is possible that some necessary data was not manually entered into the replacement PCM that the transmission control module needs, like the tire size.

BTW, you neglected to select a model year from the scroll-down menu.

Dave! No such thing as a 2023 T-Bird! Last ones were the retro-birds which shared some components with Jaguar. I think the engines were from Jaguar, but I could be wrong.

But, whomever installed the PCM should be the shop to address the issue.

2 Likes

Oops, yeah I did a quick quote and read the post then looked up and saw 2023, and the T-Bird part didn’t even register… lol