2022 Jeep Grand Wagoneer - Transmission issue

Any one have a 2022 grand Cherokee L that Down shifts to 1 or 2 gear when on the highway or when stooping at a stop sign or traffic light or going up a steep hill. I had in for service many times. I get same old answer there, is nothing wrong. The test shows nothing wrong every time I take it back to the dealer or an other dealer.

Welcome to the forum…

Is it a Grand Wagoneer or a Grand Cherokee L??? Big difference…
No to owning either one…

At what speed (MPH) is it downshifting to 1st or 2nd gear?? And being on the highway at speed is a big difference then slowing down to stop at a stop sign/red light…

Do you have any kind of performance/sport mode that you may have out it in??

Dropping down to 1st or 2nd is normal when coming to a stop… If you have never owned a 6 or 8 speed automatic transmission before, they have a different feel then a 3 or 4 speed automatic transmission or even a CVT transmission…

Suggest to explain. Does it do this for no apparent reason when you are driving 65 mph on the freeway? The transmission selecting 1st or 2nd gear is normal behavior at a stop sign or when driving up a steep hill at low speed. That’s what you’d do yourself if you had a manual transmission, right?