2020 Tacoma Startup Grinding Noise

Thanks to all who have posted. For the record, I have attempted to use social media to get Toyota’s attention. I made a compilation video with a description of all that has occurred and posted it to all platforms that I could find Toyota on. I spent hours upon hours upon days reposting and getting attention to my problem. Toyota did. not. care. Believe me when I say, I have literally tried everything aside from lemon law. Which brings me to my next point.

I spent several hours yesterday researching my state’s lemon law and it turns out that I have a case that is so strong that I could have won lemon law three times over. My state’s lemon does not allow lawyers to be paid prior to a verdict being reached in a case. Lemon law lawyers are only to be paid if they win the case (which means most will not take a case unless they know they can win). If they do win, my state requires that the manufacturer pays any and all court cost, lawyer fees, etc. My state allows the consumer to decide whether they want a replacement vehicle (one that is considered an adequate replacement at the consumer’s discretion) or a refund. If a refund is chosen, the manufacture is required to cover every dollar that was spent by the consumer in the purchase of the vehicle including even title and registration.

Because of this I have cancelled the orders for any parts I was going to replace and decided to pursue lemon law. I am aware that I could have replaced parts myself and maybe it would have fixed it; but then again maybe I would just sink hundreds more into a vehicle that is less than 6 months old and only has 15 thousand on the odometer.

One thing is for certain, I have NEVER dealt with any company in ANY industry that has as poor of customer service as Toyota.

It’s not that they’re really having a hard time, Toyota is just a terrible company when it comes to customer service. They do not care whatsoever after they sell you a car. And that’s a damn shame because my family has owned 8+ Toyotas because of their reliability track record. This will make me think twice.

Also, contacting the Consumer Affairs reporter from the local newspaper and/or a local TV station can work wonders. The dealership would absolutely HATE the image of a TV reporter standing in front of their establishment while reciting the customer’s tale of woe.

The Consumer Affairs reporter for my local newspaper has worked wonders in many cases of businesses that thought they could “screw” their customers and not suffer any consequences.

1 Like