2020 Hyundai Sonata - Mystery warning light

Getting a oranges helicopter symbol on start up and can not find it in the book. What is this?

Does that symbol remain while you drive, or does it disappear as soon as the engine starts running? If the latter, I’m guessing it’s not a helicopter, it’s an engine, blades are representation of engine fan; i.e. the check engine light. If so, it is supposed to turn on with key in “on” before engine starts, but then is supposed to turn off once engine starts. If it is doing that, normal.

If still unsure, take a photo of what you are seeing and post it here…

Check Engine Light Warning

Check Engine Light Warning Example

The dreaded check engine light can mean a lot of things for your Hyundai and can range from a simple fix to a major expense. The symbol may appear as either an icon with text in the middle or may appear without any text and be the outline of a sort of transmission. If you see this warning light come up then pull over and try to restart the engine, sometimes a wild fluctuation can set it off when there is no real problem. If the light is flashing instead of being a solid light then the problem is most likely fatal for the engine and requires you to switch it off as soon as possible. A mechanic will plug in an OBD2 reader to your dashboard to get a fault code and diagnose the issue further - you can also do this yourself with one bought cheaply. READ MORE IN OWNER’S MANUAL

1 Like

This “oranges helicopter symbol” light?

Keep looking, it’s in there and it’s important. The picture I posted is from the “book”.

1 Like