2019 Tacoma makes shhhppp noise at 2pm or when pressing on gas pedal when idle

Hey there i got this toyota taco 2019 4 cyl and just go some new used tires and a dealership maintenance not to long ago. I noticed when i press on the pedal quickly i here a shhppp like rubbing noise from the engine bay inbetween pressing the pedal and the reaction of the engine revving at idle. It also makes this noise in any gear (i believe) while driving. Im at a loss what it could be. Lets talk about it.

At idle it shhpp below 1 rpm and has a delay from pressing the pedal down to the engine revving, while driving if below 2 rpm and accelerate up to or past 2 rpm it makes the shhppp noise

The sound of air rushing through the throttle body. If this is louder than it was in the past, inspect the air cleaner lid to see if it is closed properly.

Thank you! Ill take a look this weekend and update this forum. I gotta look up where that lid is an all.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum fellow 3rd gen Taco owner, there are a few of us on here… lol

+1 for above advise…

I’ll be honest here, I read your Topic about 30 times trying to figure out why it only made noise at 2:00 in the afternoon…
Then I read your post and realized you where saying 2000 RPM’s…lol
The 1 through 8 on your RPM gauge is 1, 2, 3, etc times 1,000 meaning 1,000 through 8,000 RPM’s…
Look right below the 5/6 in the picture and you can see the x1000RPM sign…

Just trying to help and inform you for any future post no matter where that maybe…

1 Like

Ya, Toyota likes to hide engine air filter boxes.

Ask your shop to check the condition of the engine/transmission mounts.

Or, simply tell the mechanic that there is a shtupping noise coming from under the hood. Just be sure that you don’t say that to a mechanic who speaks Yiddish.
:smirk:

1 Like

Make sure you’re not bent over if you do say it. :scream: