2019 Ford Transit Connect - Is 2 liters enough

I would look at the Honda HR-V. Front wheel drive.

I use to haul a drum set to gigs.

Only it was in a Camry. And the passenger seat had to be removed to carry the base drum.

Besides. You won’t be driving a van when not doing gigs.

Seems the HR-V would be ideal.

Tester

No, I’m looking to replace my Ford E350 Econoline van with either a Toyota Sienna or Honda Odyssey or perhaps the Ford 150 Sprinter and I will also look at the Chevy van as recommended by the Car Talk staff.

1 Like

The Sprinter is a Daimler-Benz product sold as both Mercedes and Freightliner. If you’re talking about the full-size Ford van, that’s the Transit (not to be confused with the much smaller Transit Connect).

We have a high-roof version of the full size Sprinter cargo van at work. I can attest that the motor is… Well, it’s good! It’s a turbo-4 and for a van, it’s absurdly fast.

But the fit and finish leaves a lot to be desired. Ours has less than 10,000 on it, and a bunch of body trim pieces have already fallen off.

Thank you for your insight. Getting advice from people that own the vehicles I will be researching & test driving is valuable.

I’m looking at vans/mini vans with cargo capacity large enough for my PA and luggage, once that has been established, then the most important aspect of the vehicle is dependability, reliability & safety. I am meticulous on maintenance, servicing and care of my vehicles; I have a 1991 Honda Civic hatchback and a 1998 Ford Econoline E350 van, the one that will ultimately need to be replaced by year’s end even though I would so much want to keep this vehicle.

So I need a vehicle (van) that will last me for decades. So far I know the Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna meet this criteria, and perhaps the Nissan NV200. The insights you and others have provided on the other vehicles I have mentioned are invaluable. Thank you once again.

That could happen but I certainly would not count on it .

Are you Bruce Berry then? :wink:

Neil Young Tonight’s the Night

Bruce Berry was a working man
He used to load that Econoline van.
A sparkle was in his eye
But his life was in his hands

Once you determine what you like you should look for one that is a year or 2 old and has very few miles, you can save 1000’s . Use all your typical sites , cars dot com, autotrader dot com etc …

Thanks for the advice; I will use those (and other sites).