2019 Chevrolet Colorado radio issues

Yes, it did fix my problem. But the radio is still on, just the sound is all the way down.

Hi all I have the same problem but my radio will not turn off and sometimes the touchscreen dozen work so you can’t change the station then the volume go’s up with static then go’s down. It will not shut off when you shut off the truck and close the doors. It’s been back and they don’t know what to do not happy with it. Any help can work

I well remember building and using crystal radios.

Since the radio has a power button, I don’t think it would be quite the crisis you’re envisioning.

I built a crystal radio kit when I was 8 years old. 1960.

Glad to hear someone else is having radio issues! I have had my truck back to the dealer more then 3 times-they replaced the radio and still having issues! Called Chevy direct-left several messages with a senior advisor-no respond, sent email-no response!! I have video of what the radio does also!!! Not sure where to go from here!!

I have volume issues, screen freezing, blank screen but radio playing or nor screen or radio as well as other problems. Have video of all these issues-they replaced the radio and still having issues!! Contacted dealer again-they called Chevy-no fix-I called Chevy left several messages -no call back even emailed and no response!!
Poor customer service!! Won’t buy another Chevy!!!

The manufacturer’s are tending to use the radio as sort of an integrated control unit rather than just something to use to listen to local radio stations and play mp3 files as you drive to the 7-11 for a Big Gulp. As with anything novel, upsides and downsides. One big downside however is if the radio starts acting up it can be difficult to diagnose and very expensive to replace. If I had my druthers I’d prefer my car radio to just be a radio and nothing else. Then if it stops working there’s likely to be simple work-a-rounds available.

1 Like

I am having similar issues. Sometimes while driving, volume goes way up for 1-1/2 seconds or so, then returns where it was. Have had screen go completely blank. Usually happens after shifting from reverse. When screen goes blank, backup cam still functions. On one occasion, not completely blank, but more like static similar to back in the day when tv stations would “end the broadcast day”

My wife and I bought a 2019 Colorado last spring. We live in Quebec. Love the truck; but we’ve been having the same radio issues. Only a couple times the screen gave us error messages. Mainly it’s the fact that the volume will spontaneously jump up to 100% for a second or two and then go back down. When we first got the truck we thought the radio sounded tinny and quiet. Im thinking it might not be providing the full volume by default. Computer brain not working properly. So maybe we compensate by turning it up higher than we would if it were working properly. And it’s like it kicks in properly for a second and blasts us. Regarding what one of the other folks said earlier; I think it is definitely a safety issue. You don’t know when it’s coming, so it startles you and just about sends you through the roof while you’re driving. Distracts you for a bit. I’m usually driving with my kids and it concerns me.
Took it to the dealer twice so far. They couldn’t replicate the problem while it was in the shop and said all they could do is check that the firmware was updated. Didn’t help.
Like I said; we love the truck otherwise, but this experience is making things a bit sour with Chev/GMC.

Hello,
My 2019 is now 15 months old and I still have radio issues. Last week, driving on the highway, going 70, radio on. Out of the blue the sounds goes all the way up, scares the crap out of me again and I just missed hitting the car in the next lane. I had to pull over and calm down. Chevy did tell me first thing this was a safety issue but after I brought it 4 times to have things replaced ( radio 2 times, controller 1 time, and 1 other thing I can’t remember. In the first 7 months of buying the truck, it was in the shop, in Derry for almost a total of 2 months. Then all of a sudden its no longer a safety issue, I wonder why?? No explanation.
Does anyone know where to go from here? because I think it’s going to take someone to get seriously hurt before Chevy steps up. My radio can actually turn itself on and off. Oh and by the way, I can no longer go to Bentley Chev. in Derry New Hampshire because I complained so much and they say there is nothing they can do. Again, where did the safety issue go???

Bean counters probably figuered it costs more to recall and fix than to pay out for accidents that result. If enough people have the issue and GM doesn’t step up to fix It, class action might be the only solution. Or shame them into taking care of it.

In Chevy’s a lot of them have the ability to adjust the volume by themselves depending on how much cabin noise there is . It is usually in the settings . I would make sure that setting is turned “off” and see if that makes any difference .

Contact GM, the contact info is in your owners manual.

Recalls are for safety issues. This is a radio issue, not a safety issue. The safety issue is you reacting to a loud radio, not the radio being loud.

If you disagree, contact NHSTA at https://www.nhtsa.gov/ note the “Report a Problem” button on the right.

How did you fix the problem?

This seems to be a pretty common issue that is still on-going for some folks. If I had to deal with this issue I think I would get with the manufacturer of the radio to see if they could help out. There may be another help, 1factoryradio.com is a good place to have your radio fixed or purchase one. They may might have an answer to this issue.