2018 Toyota Camry Hybrid - Who pays for oil leaks?

A dealer is giving free oil changes for 2 years on a 2 year old vehicle not bought from them . That has to be a first .

Why would a Toyota dealer provide free maintenance to a customer who purchased a used Toyota from a different, independent, dealer?

The car was intially purchased on June/2018. The free maintenance service plan ends on June/2020.

I’m not a Toyota guy, but my guess is that the maintenance is part of the manufacturer’s warranty package that runs with the vehicle, not the owner.
CSA
:palm_tree: :sunglasses: :palm_tree:

Correct. Toyota provides great warranties on their new vehicle. Also, I have 2 older Toyota vehicles. We never have any major issues with them. I want to try the camry hybrid because high gas mileage with the same engine as non-hybrid model.

“Every new Toyota comes with ToyotaCare,1 a maintenance plan that covers normal factory scheduled maintenance with the purchase or lease of every new Toyota for 2 years or 25,000 miles, whichever comes first. 24-hour roadside assistance is also included for 2 years and unlimited miles.”
https://www.toyota.com/owners/parts-service/toyota-care
CSA
:palm_tree: :sunglasses: :palm_tree:

Interesting.

Oil leaks are free, repairing them costs money. (Sorry, cabin fever is starting to get the best of me.)

4 Likes