2018 Nissan Rogue - Noisy seats

Power seat - whenever motor is started or shut down, the power seat makes an annoying, obnoxious noise as it moves.

There may be a problem with the seat-track mechanism. Suggest to hire a shop to figure it out and do a fix. With some luck this may not be an overcomplicated diagnosis & repair.

+1 to George’s suggestion
While I’m at it, I’ll share a recent experience that I had with a noisy seat:

A few weeks ago, I noticed that my driver’s seat made a creaking noise when I did hard acceleration, and if I cornered in a “spirited” manner. I decided that when the vehicle goes in for its next scheduled service, I would mention this at the dealer’s service department, in the hope that they could remedy the situation.

Then, a couple of days ago, while I was cleaning the leather upholstery, I noticed that the head restraint was making slight contact with the headliner of the car, and I was able to verify that the creaking noise was the result of that contact. At that point, I recalled that I had raised the seat’s position around the same time that the noise problem began. Simply lowering the head restraint a bit eliminated the noise.

So… while the OP’s seat noise problem might require the attention of a mechanic, I suggest that he first check the seat tracks to see if there is any sort of debris in there that is causing the noise. It’s just possible that he will find as easy a solution to the seat noise problem as I did.

1 Like