2018 Honda Accord mismatched body panels

mist matched body panels

You never know what is lurking in the mist.

3 Likes

I presume you mean “mismatched,” as in the panels don’t line up correctly. If you bought the car used take it to a body shop and have it inspected for signs of a collision.

1 Like

Yes the panels are mismatched and I bought this car new, the dealer do not want to correct this problem any advice ? Thank you Manuel

Not much you can do now, unless you have documentation of the problem from two years ago.
Two years ago you should have elevated your complaint as instructed in your owners manual.

1 Like

Unfortunately Purebred is correct. If this is a problem from when the car was new it’s a little late. If it’s a problem that developed after you had the car a while it would be interesting to figure out why but you still probably won’t get satisfaction.

Get a lawyer

New as in 3 or 4 miles on it or maybe as a demonstrator with a few hundred miles on it? If the latter, that is a used car and at times dealer demostrators have managed to get involved in some wrecks while in use.

If the former then one has to wonder about damage during unloading from a transport truck or possibly being rammed accidentally while parked on the lot.
A transport driver at the Chevy dealer next to the import place where I worked backed a new Monte Carlo off the side of the ramps and dumped the car on the right side. It was written off as a total loss and the driver was not dinged up too badly although he may have lost his job over that incident.

After two years, it’s not likely that any help will be forthcoming from the dealership or the manufacturer.

+1
Unless the OP wants to spend his own money on correcting this problem, I don’t think it’s likely that it will be rectified after two years.

Mismatched how? Is it paint or are panels misaligned?

2 Likes

The OP indicated there are misaligned panels. Without photos there’s no way to know how serious it is.

1 Like

I agree with @davepsinbox_157004

Without pictures showing the “good” side and the “mismatched” side for comparison . . . we won’t be able to offer any good opinions or ideas

1 Like

I don’t know if this still applies but way back, when dealers could sell any Japanese car for list price plus, distributors used new vehicles as “employee cars” up to I believe 3,000 miles and then turned the cars over to dealers to sell as new cars and they were happy to have them.

And if he car got into an accident they were even happier because they could make money on the insurance repair and still sell it for full price as a new car.

Personally, I’d never buy a “new car” and pay a “new car price” with more than minimal mileage.