2018 Ford F-150 - Which jack?

How many times are you going to need a floor jack just to change a tire . Very seldom does anyone have a flat at home and the truck should have a jack suitable for that purpose.
Besides doesn’t your Ford truck have 5 year road side service ? Our 2018 Ford Fiesta does.

also change oil,rear end,etc

I’d rather use a floor jack (and stands) than the crappy scissor jack that comes with the car…

For oil changes, I actually prefer a pair of ramps that I can drive up on instead of a jack

1 Like

All my vehicles came with reasonable jacks for emergency use while on the road. My garage floor jacks haven’t been in a trunk or bed since the first ride home…

Be sure and buy good jack stands as well if you are going to work under the truck. You never get under a vehicle supported only with a jack. You need at least 2 and better 4. Trucks need tall ones… the 3 or 4 ton stands.

I’d suggest staying away from Harbor Freight jackstands given the recalls they’ve had on them.

3 Likes

Sometimes the vehicle owner couldn’t bring the vehicle to me so I took my tools to the vehicle.

+1 this is definitely another thing to remember @joeyeskie

@faulkner2596_180192 2 year old thread revived with a product link . Me thinks Spam .

3 Likes

It IS spam. I’m flagging it.

1 Like

A quick search shows that Will Faulkner is VP of ProLift Garage Doors. It may be related to his interest to promote ProLift floor jacks.

1 Like

I use a 2 ton floor jack for my Ford truck, but sometimes I wish I had a 3 ton that would raise the truck a couple more inches. There are instances where I’ll have to raise it as far as possible, put the truck on jack-stands, then raise it a second time using a spacer. Infrequent, so not that big of a deal. I have a nearly new 3 ton that a neighbor gave away, been meaning to repair it. It’s missing a steel ball for one of the one-way valves is all.

I’ll add that for many jacking purposes for my truck I just use a small-ish 2 ton bottle jack. Used it just the other day in fact.