2017 Mitsubishi Outlander - Reliable?

Dave , you are completely missing the point. Mitsubishi is not really a brand that has a great reputation and may not even be in the US market much longer . So it does not matter how many you see or sales comparison to other brands that have large sales volume and loyal customers.

1 Like

The implication was that Mitsubishis are crap because there arenā€™t as many on the road as other, more popular makes. I took exception to that logic, which can also be used to ā€œproveā€ BMWs are crap. Popularity isnā€™t a measure of quality. Iā€™m old enough to remember when Subarus were comparatively rare. OTOH, measures like repair frequency and reliability are.

I will say that somehow in the middle east, Mitsubishi is considered a decent brand-but we are not buying our cars there.

As you see my handle here is Galant and the car I bought in 2002, was a 1996 Galant with 100K miles. The transmission was gone, bought the car, got a used transmission, fixed the brakes and had a decent car with $2200. Actually paid someone else to do the work and the price includes labor too.
Drove the car to 180 K miles. I believe the guy who was shipping the car for me from coast to coast, raced the car because it developed a knock and started burning a lot of oil after that.

If I wanted to buy a used Camry or Accord, it would have been more than 5K.

I guess what I am trying to say is that it all depends. If you get an amazing deal then it might be worth is.

Also, quite a few of the dealerships have gone out of business since when I bought my car, this limits parts access. You probably can not find a whole lot of parts for the car in Autozone or Napa, have to order online and sit and wait for delivery.