2017 GMC Acadia- AWD all the time?

After having owned several 4wd Ford Explorers, I took the plunge into AWD in the form of a 2017 AWD GMC Acadia. I love the stability and control that the AWD provides (as compared to the FWD option). I can discern no MPG difference, and if there is, the additional safety of the AWD is worth the any minimal operational expense difference (Yes, I understand I am paying to haul around the extra weight.)

… To my question. Are there any concerns or disadvantages to using the GMC AWD system full time? I called GMC and their response was ‘you may possibly wear out the AWD components faster, and they are expensive to repair’. When I challenged that the same theory would apply to the braking system, the agent suddenly became silent and referred me to the dealer.
I then read the owner’s manual from cover to cover, and found no caveats regarding AWD use.
I then posed the question to the dealership service adviser. He consulted with the ‘transmission guy’ who said ‘AWD should NEVER be used for city driving’, and should only be used ‘when you need it’. …… That’s just the problem. You don’t need it until you need it, and by then it’s too late!
I get it that using 4WD on dry pavement can tear up tires and drive train components, but I thought AWD was designed to be used everywhere? Heck, some cars come in AWD only.
I can’t find any definitive answers on the topic. What’s your opinion?

In normal driving I don’t see how one could tell the difference.
It is your vehicle , just do what you want to do .

How can it be too late to need it? Isn’t it available on the fly? So if you feel you need it in the rain, switch it on when it begins to rain, likewise when it begins to snow.
Alternatively, trade it for a vehicle with full time AWD.
How would AWD affect the braking system.
People can get into trouble with both 4WD and AWD, these systems get you moving but do not get you stopped.

The agent fell silent because that makes no sense what so ever.

See below for clarifications. …………… I’m still looking for a definitive answer. L

“Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.”

Yeah, my sarcasm goes over a lot of folks heads. Sorry.

Putting your personal info on an open web site is never a good idea.
@cdaquila Edit time ?

Yep, I caught that on the reply. Thanks.