2017 Chevrolet Colorado - Thermostat cost?

how much does it cost to change a thermostat on a 2017 chevy colorado?

What engine? Is this a DIY project or are you paying a shop??

We have no idea where you are located, and like houses and incomes, prices vary from even different parts of the city, much less different parts of the country…

Try calling multiple shops as well as the dealer for an estimate on parts and labor any anything else they recommend, one shop might recommend a flush, another shop might not do flushes…

1 Like

Enter your info here.

And you’ll get some idea about the cost.

Tester

1 Like

Depending on the VIN, it could be anywhere from $10-10,000. Plus tax.

3 Likes

I paid somewhere around 3 or $400 forfluid change, thermostat, a couple hoses and installing a crank sensor. I paid $27 for the oem thermostat and $35 for the sensor in addition.

I never asked for an estimate. They are going to charge what it takes and regardless I’d still have the work done. So what difference does it make. You either need the work done or not or do it yourself.

1 Like

For the 2wd V6 gasoline-engine version, including draining and refilling with fresh coolant, I’d guess around $200 for the parts & supplies and about 4 hours labor.

Nope, any time you go anywhere, it is common sense to always ask up front “how much is this going to cost?” so you don’t get blindsided. A recent Yahoo article about a restaurant located in Scottsdale, AZ comes to mind. The author was talking about how his meal–for two people–came to over $200, and that he felt “conned” by the waiter who asked him if he’d like a “dollop of truffle butter” on his steak, without telling him that this cost a whopping $19.00 extra.

The author also mentioned that the menu at this restaurant didn’t even have prices pre-printed in it. I can tell you that if I went to a restaurant, or any other place of business, and the prices were not displayed prominently up front, I’d ask, and I wouldn’t be bashful about it. And if the quoted prices exceed what I’m interested in spending, I’d leave, and I wouldn’t be bashful about that either.

You don’t go to a cheap restaurant without prices on the menu, the restaurants without prices, in my part of the world anyway, are all high end (fine dining) restaurants, some or most even require Jackets for gents… Another words, cheap or frugal people don’t eat there often or ever (I’m on the never side of that lol)… It is more for the well off… Or to put it another way, if you have to ask the prices, you probably can’t afford to eat their anyway… :wink:

Back to cars, I have had many customers drop the keys on the counter and say call me when it is done, I always called them with prices broke down in MAP standards, A) required repairs, B) suggested services and C) maintenance… Most, not all, but most broke it down into have to get it done now, then soon, and lastly down the road… :grin:

5 Likes

Once I’ve developed a personal rapport with a service provider who pretty much has always offered up good service in the past, I usually don’t ask what the next service is going to cost. I just say “do what you think is best” or “let me know what you think needs to be done” . When my roofer and I disagree, he offers up his explanation for why his way is best. His way is usually not best in a theoretical sense, but in a pragmatic sense. For example his way keeps the roofing supply vendor happy, which ultimately is best for me. So he does it his way, and this makes everyone happy! :slight_smile:

+1
When my lawncare/landscaping guy sends me the annual service agreement each Spring, he asks me to note the date when I want service to begin. I always write “April 15th, or at your discretion”. He is a former student, and I trust him to do the right thing.