2017 Cadillac CT6 - Battery issue

new battery no power to car after 12 hours

Return to the shop that installed the battery. Ask them to check for a parasitic draw.

1 Like

New battery could be defective also…

Why was the battery replaced in the 1st place?? Are the cable ends/terminals tight??

2 Likes

Inspect your car at night, several hours after you’ve parked it. Do you see any lights on? Check hidden lights too, like the glove compartment, engine compartment, trunk. Check the rear brake lights as well, common cause of battery drain when the brake light switch fails.

I found a service bulletin that could be a possible cause…

CRC 1…2 (nhtsa.gov)

I would also check with your dealer to see if there are any other service bulletins or software updates for your vehicle that might cause your battery to go dead overnight. I have found this one, but it is for the 2018 model of your vehicle. but if your vehicle was built just before they changed over to the 2018 year it is possible that this is the cause of your problem.

19-NA-252 Cadillac Technical Service Bulletin (tsbsearch.com)

Such an informative post. Did you think you were typing into a search box? Humans on the other end here. Tell us a “story” - you know like “this happened and that happened and so I got a new battery and then…”

1 Like

We had that happen. Twice. A new battery was installed and a day or two later it was dead. We had another battery installed and within a couple weeks it was dead too. Finally, the third battery lasted until we sold the car a few years later.

1 Like

Oh my! That’s the sort of experience that could cause a diy’er to lose their confidence … lol …

I didn’t replace the battery. It went dead at a cemetery in the other side of town when we were burying my wife’s uncle. It was towed to a nearby shop where the battery was replaced. Since it was a chain store I got the second battery near home and used that same store for the third one.