2017 BMW X1 - Rattles

It’s time to play stump the chump. Congratulations @George_San_Jose1! I finally brought in my 2017 BMW X1 and the service advisor let me know yesterday they will be replacing the motor mounts. He also mentioned poor fuel quality, which is a surprise to me because I mostly go to 76 for octane 91. He said to switch gas stations for a while, so I’ll go to Chevron and Shell instead. I am a bit surprised that the gas from 76 could be part of the issue, and I never go to less known gas stations or like the ones that do not accept credit cards. The advisor said it was not an oil type issue. I’ve had many issues with this BMW X1 since I bought it in December 2016, just over 2 years. They already had to change the water pump, the iDrive screen twice, and now there is a thermostat coolant leak on top of it. Not to mention the run flat tires that do very poorly with pot holes: I had to replace 3 of them for about $1,000 within the first 2 years. This car is falling apart like my 2006 Toyota RAV4 did after 9 years. I am glad this German car is under warranty. It drives very well, but the Japanese SUV was much less trouble…

I wonder if the service adviser would have told you the gas was bad if you’d gone to the Shell station instead.

I seriously doubt the gas from 76 had any thing to do with the problem. I think this BMW does require Premium fuel .

Instead of replacing the run flat tires at that ridiculous price next time just put the proper size regular tires on.

Many of the veterans of this forum–including me–advise that the time to dump a German car is the day after the warranty expires. These cars can be very enjoyable to drive when they are functioning properly, but between their need for frequent and expensive repairs, and their expensive maintenance, you can easily be taken to the poor house if you decide to hold onto one of these vehicles after the warranty expires.
:thinking: