2016 Subaru Outback - Do I really need this?

Dealer recommended a ‘Fuel Induction Service’ for my 2016 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited. Car has 48,000 miles on it. They’re charging $200 for the service. Is that necessary/beneficial?

No. The dealer has a boat payment they are trying to get you to make for them by selling this to you.

5 Likes

The only cars that likely need this service are ones with direct injection engines. You could a little fun and ask them what problem this is supposed to solve.

If… and this is a big “if”… the OP’s Outback has suffered from degraded performance and/or rough idling and/or a reduction in fuel economy, then… perhaps… that service might be a good idea.

Or, if the OP’s Outback is like my 8 year old Outback with 90k+ miles on the odometer, and is still running like a Rolex, then it can be skipped.

Just be sure to have all of the maintenance services listed in the manufacturer’s maintenance schedule performed on time. And, when you look at that maintenance schedule, you will see that the manufacturer says nothing about “Fuel Induction Service”.
:thinking: