2016 Subaru Outback - Dealer Question

I went to Subaru dealer for a tire change,they made me wait for so long. When they realized I was upset they said they will also replace the lights with new LED and rear brakes free. after a week we found the car drained of battery. Today when we went back they said we need a battery change and since the car is not 7 years they will give the battery for $50. do you think something is really wrong with the battery?

I guess you meant tire rotation and why did you not just go to a tire shop in the first place. That is what they do.
You got LED bulbs for free and a battery for 50.00 so I don’t think you have anything to complain about.
And how would anyone on the web know if your battery was needing replaced.

Subaru OEM batteries are notorious for being in the weaker range of the spectrum.

My 2014 purchased new never cranked as strong as it should’ve, even when new. But it never let me down even during the Northeast winters. It died this past spring, had to get a jump to get home. My Indy put a new one in, AC Delco. Works like a charm now and cranks very strong.

Part of the charm of Suburu cars I suppose.

If the battery is located under the hood, three years is about the life you expect in a hot climate. Mine usually last three to four years. If it’s under the rear floor or under the back seat, that’s early. Heat kills batteries.

1 Like

I have always heard heat kill’s battery’s I might have been lucky but my battery’s always last 8 to 9 year’s & I live in the south.[quote="jtsande

[/quote]

[quote=“jtsanders, post:4, topic:146213, full:true”]
If the battery is located under the hood, three years is about the life you expect in a hot climate. Mine usually last three to four years. If it’s under the rear floor or under the back seat, that’s early. Heat kills b