2016 Infiniti Q50 - can it really do 180?

Yeah our 61 Chevy Biscayne wagon with a 6 cyl manual said 120 on the speedometer. I don’t think we ever hardly got it past 85. Most Olds Auroras were governed to 114 but ours had the “Autobahn Package” which supposedly would allow it to go to 140. Again we never got it past 90. Gotta remember most tires are not rated for those speeds and wow what a ride if one blows. Not smart.

I don’t think I have exceeded 90mph since I was an immortal teenager with bias ply tires!

Manufacturers, at least for the past 20 years or so have always made it a point to fit tires that can handle the top speed of the vehicle (as it is when it rolls off the line). It’s a huge liability issue if they don’t. This is also the reason why some tire places will not mount tires with a lesser speed rating than OEM. The Autobahn Package your Aurora had came equipped with V-rated tires which are good to 149 MPH. Lesser Auroras had S or T- rated tires (I think), and were governed to around 110-115 MPH.

I would blame the front end design before the power steering. I have electric power steering on my Forester, and have no problem.

You should be looking at caster, not toe in

A lot of cars don’t have adjustable caster these days, just camber and toe.

No caster adjustment on his car.

That is downright rude!

1 Like

There also psn’t any camber adjustment unless you install some aftermarket parts.

I believe that it will do 180. The car was made in a country based on the metric system which is about 112 mph. It could probably go faster downhill with a good tailwind before the state trooper caught you.

The F117 wasn’t the first. The F16 and F18, among others, also have negative stability.

BTW, the “bumblebees scientifically can’t fly” thing is an urban legend. Science knows full well how they fly. :wink:

You are 100% correct. I think the bumblebee thing popped into my head from the old military aviation joke that “helicopters, like bumblebees, fly by beating the air into submission”.

3 Likes

I always figured it was 'cause helicopters are so ugly that the ground repels them. :wink:

2 Likes

Maybe 30 years ago that statement was true. Scientists know EXACTLY how a bumblebee flies. They have mathematical models showing it.