2016 Chrysler 200c

Maybe someone can give me some advice on my 2016 Chrysler 200c my engine light is on I went to AutoZone and borrow their check light engine scanner the code come up PO301 No1 Cylinder misfire detected. So I changed the coil pack and the spark plug and still get the same code. When I am driving the car the car drives good stop at a light or just park Maybe someone can give me some advice on my 2016 Chrysler 200c my engine light is on I went to AutoZone and borrow their check light engine scanner the code come up PO301 No1 Cylinder misfire detected. So I changed the coil pack and the spark plug and still get the same code. When I am driving the car the car drives good stop at a light or just park the car runs rough. car runs rough.

Swap the fuel injector with another one. If the misfire moves, you have found the problem. If not, run a compression check. If the compression is low in #1, run it wet.

2 Likes

I want to thank you very much I will try to fuel injector tomorrow morning

I saw something on tech garage on motor trend about this. They worked on an infinity but nonetheless this still applies here. Make sure the fuel injector is getting a signal to fire. you can buy a tester that pulses a light every time current gets to the injector socket. The other thing is to check the resistance (ohm’s) of the connector and the injector itself with a multimeter. In the case of the Infinity on the show the spec was for 12 ohm’s, so I would expect it to be similar for you as well. Also be sure to check the condition of the injector it could be clogged up. Aside from that make sure you clear the code after replacing the coil pack or injector. Last bit of advice (although possibly pointless) is to see if you can borrow a thermal imaging camera to view the exhaust manifold. This would allow you to see if a certain cylinder is not firing at all i.e. the one exhaust pipe is cold and the others are hot. I know this is a lot but hopefully this helps.

You say you keep getting that P0301 code

Did you even clear it after replacing the coil and plug?

Thank you I will try anything right now

I tried clear engine light with my FIXD scan reader the light constantly stays on I even drove my vehicle for a while thinking that with shut the light out light still on