2015 Toyota Camry transmission fluid interval

Actual odometer reads 29K+. I’ll contact the dealer tomorrow and see when it was originally sold new. Thank you.

Was scheduled to get trans flushed and refilled tomorrow but that can wait if there is good news on powertrain warranty.

Turned out warranty for this CPO Camry is 7/100. However the dealer was unable to get it to happen for them naturally. I have now found a second malfunction in that any and every time I select manual +/- mode it will display 4th gear regardless of vehicle speed. Switched mode at 75 mph and it dropped to 4th gear which is ridiculous. Dealer service “Rep” told that was normal as well as it displays 4th at O mph and shifts on its own up until 4th. It isn’t manual at all through 4 gears.
It will be going back in. Still slips from time to time but not regularly.

My Corolla displays 1, 2, 3, or D (4 speed transmission). In each case it will shift up to that gear or to any available gear below it, unlike an actual manual transmission that stays in one gear. Without knowing more it sounds like your car is behaving normally except for the slipping.

In my experience with Toyota transmissions the shift flare problem occurs when the transmission is cold, if that is the case with your vehicle that is an important detail for the technician.

Thanks but really?!
My 2015 Camry 6 speed automatic has only PRND. When in D the driver has the option of moving the shifter over to the left which changes the mode from automatic to (+/-) “manual”. At which time the transmission should display the gear it is currently in.

(Like every other ride in my extensive fleet)

This one however when moved over to +/- it downshifts to 4th gear even when in 6th @ 75 MPH. A mode selection should never change the gear for safety sake, it is there to allow you to shift when you want it to within certain limits. Why would it not display 1 at a standstill instead of 4 on the dash? Never mind thank you anyway.

Then go back to the dealer since you have that 7/100 warranty and let them sort it out.

Just so you know my 2012 Camry SE does the same with the downshifting to 4th gear while on the highway when I use the paddle shifters as well as the +/- mode on the gearshift selector. The same goes for my former 2011 Camry LE. Maybe it’s a Toyota fail-safe thing? Hope you’ve figured out what’s going with your transmission. Mine has 109k miles and the transmission has been silk smooth thus far.

Thank you!
That function is essentially useless to me if it’s not going to allow be to decide when it upshifts from a stop, or downshifts 2 gears on the expressway in traffic. The daughter will never use it anyway. My Cherokee, Dart, Altima and Maxima operate exactly as intended so I have stuff I enjoy driving. I’m inclined to test drive a new one to see how it behaves when I change modes. The slippage is annoying but will need to get worse before warranty is gonna be worth anything.

Appreciate all the feedback!

My 2012 Camry, bought new, has gone to 4th gear from day one when the shift lever is moved to the left in drive. Doing so locks out the two overdrive gears and provides more engine braking and faster acceleration. I discovered this the first time I rode home from an eye doctor appointment where my eyes were dilated with my wife driving on the expressway. I could hear the rpm was too high and saw the shift lever was to the left and I just pulled the lever to me.

My wife thought the lever should be to the left because the PRNDL is marked on the left side of the shifter surround.

Obviously my wife has no feel or ear for the operation of mechanical things. I never considered this a defect in the car, just the way the car is designed to operate.

I don’t think of this a a manual shift mode like a sporty car it is after all a Camry. Just a useful feature in the mountains.

While I was stopped at a traffic light today in a 2019 Lexus RX 350 I shifted into manual mode, the display showed 4th gear, from that point it is necessary to downshift to the desired gear.