2015 Kia Sorento - electrical issues

I don’t have any headlights, low or high and my blinkers aren’t working on the front (working on the side mirrors and back). Neighbor hooked up to car for diag. and nothing was wrong even though 3 or 4 lights are on. We checked and replaced all fuses inside the car and in the engine area. We checks and replaced bulbs also, still nothing worked. Please help, I’m afraid I’ll get the run around at the repair place.

That sounds like it might be a multi-function switch problem. A good shop that has the car’s service data (including wiring schematics) should be able to figure it out w/out much trouble. I wouldn’t just start replacing stuff. One option is to have a shop do the diagnosis, tell you want is wrong, then you can replace the part yourself.

What you’d more likely get at a good shop is a solid diagnosis and repair instead of you wasting time and money grasping at straws.

Years ago with my 2006.5 KIA Optima it seemed like I needed new headlight bulbs every month. I finally asked a service tech and he said most bulbs aren’t compatible with KIA wiring. I replaced my bulbs with genuine KIA parts and I guess he was right. I don’t know if I ever had to change them again. They lasted 3 or 4 years.
Just a thought for you.

That tech didn’t know his anus from his ulna. There is nothing special about Kia wiring.

1 Like