2015 Hyundai Genesis tire recommendations

Hello,

Looking to replace current BFGoodrich Sport Comp -2 AS tires. Any advice? Looking for all season.

Thanks!

Yes, Sams Club - Costco - All tires sellers have web sites that give spec and prices and many buy 3 get 4 sales. People buy tires while they are shopping at WalMart so it can’t be that difficult .

You don’t like the Sport Comp 2s? The best place to compare prices, features and performance is TireRack.com. Even if you don’t order from them, they test tires for traction, handling, wet performance, noise, snow, the works and let you compare with other models and brands. Search on your can and wheel size and they have listings that fit.

I’ve had good luck with the higher performance Khumo all-seasons. The ASX, not sure if that’s still available. Currently have a set of Toyos but I don’t remember the model.

Thanks, will check out Costco.

Actually, they’re ok - the ride is pretty smooth. I was just wondering if there is something better available; I will check out TireRack.

Thanks!

For tire test results see Consumer Reports, esp. November issues, and the tirerack.com site. There are so many variables in tire performance, decide based on what’s important to you. Not all tires come in all sizes, so knowing the correct tire size that’s on the sticker inside your driver’s door is an important first step.

I liked the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S better than the Sport Comp tires, but they also cost a lot more, as in $1200 (not including labor) to do all 4 corners rather than $800. I find it difficult to be convinced that the Michelins are $400 better. :wink:

I have Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ 's on my car and I’m very pleased with them. My mother had a set of them put on her Benz and I was impressed with them when I drove the car.

Thanks! I will look into those - I have Michelin on my other car and loved them.

I recently installed Michelin Defenders on my truck, working out well. The Defender seems to be one of the tires Consumer Reports likes. And folks here seem to like them also. Not sure if that would be considered an “all season” tire or not.

According to CR, the Defender has better snow traction than any of the other so-called all-season tires that they tested. No, it is nowhere near as good in snow as… let’s say… the top-rated Michelin X-Ice tires, but I have had no traction problems whatsoever with the Defenders that I put on my Outback several years ago.

The only part of the Defender claims with which I might take issue is their claim of 70k miles of treadwear.
I currently have ~50k miles on my Defenders, and I think that I will wind up replacing them by about 60k–maximum. In order to take advantage of that treadwear guarantee, I would have to wear them down to 2/32 of an inch, and I don’t like driving on that shallow a tread.
:thinking:

The Defender does not have the best snow traction of the all-season tires they reported on in the November 2017 issue. That place goes to the General Altimax RT43. It had “excellent” snow traction; all the other 42 all-season tires rated lower in snow traction, from very good all the way down to poor.

Partly based on CR’s tests, also tirerack’s ratings, and price, we put the Altimax on our van two winters ago. They are very good tires, year round, and we like them better than the Goodyear Assurance they replaced, which were better than whatever the used van had when we first bought it.

I second the recommendation of these Generals. They are better than the Michelin Primacy MX4 that came with our car, in traction and in ride. And the price is in the “medium” range, not high. They come in several speed ratings.

sister put michelin defenders on her equinox and got around 50k and than she won a set of free tires from costco and just had some goodyears put on. seems to me the defenders were 90k tires?

I’ve had several tire dealers tell me that they’re not seeing the Defenders last nearly as long as Michelin has claimed. Still an excellent tire though.

Perhaps day rub against defenders. Sorry man, I’ll show myself out now.
CSA :palm_tree::sunglasses::palm_tree: