2014 Infiniti Q50 - Trans issues

2014 Q50 3.7L started acting up after a long 2hr trip, luckily it started as I reach my destination. The car started to lag and wouldn’t shift pass 3rd gear. I then connected a OBD to read for any malfunctions. Turns out that the AT vehicle speed sensor code p0720 (1/2 pending) with RED monitor status FUE, O2S and EVA. Can someone relate to this problem. Iam desperate to know what can possibly cause this isssue.

Transmission electronics has to know the vehicle speed to work correctly. Speed sensor seems to not be working, so it is throwing up its hands. I’m guessing the computer has placed the drivetrain in a low power mode until you & shop have a chance to get the speed sensor issue resolved. That’s done both for safety, and to mitigate further engine/transmission damage.

FUE, O2S, and EVA aren’t standard diagnostic codes. These start with the letter “P” usually. Suggest to post the P codes, and you’ll get some more ideas. The speed sensor is highest priority probably of the items you posted.

Most Complete List For Infiniti Check Engine Light Codes

Common Problems That Trigger the P0720 Code

• Defective Output Speed Sensor
  • Defective Shift Solenoids
  • Defective Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor
  • Defective Valve Body
  • Dirty transmission fluid that restricts the hydraulic passages
  • Defective Output Speed Sensor wiring or connector
2 Likes

OP, does dashboard speedometer display seem to be working correctly?