2014 Ford Escape - Oil change question

2014 escape, 85k miles, awd. How much should an oil change?

1 Like

Do you mean how much should it cost? Figure around $75 with synthetic oil. If you mean how often, about every 5,000-7,500 miles or 6 months, whichever comes first. If you mean how much oil, 4 1/2 quarts.

2 Likes

All of it.

2 Likes

It will probably get darker over time/miles. How much darker depends on use/abuse.

Depends. They might charge extra for filter disposal.

What if the car owner doesn’t wear Depends?
Is there a discount?
:smirk:

2 Likes

@Groverusty:
Assuming you’re asking the expected price and that you’re in the US, you can spend anywhere between $20 and $100.

You get what you pay for. It would be wise to steer clear of the lower priced places.

2 Likes

+1
Additionally, it would be very wise to stay away from quickie oil change places, no matter what price they are charging.

1 Like

I think there’s a discount if they do wear Depends. It’s called Senior Citizen Discount.

2 Likes

… but there could be a Hazardous Waste Disposal charge added to the bill if they decide to discard their Depends on the premises.

:thinking:

2 Likes

Anyone old enough to remember when Leggs Pantyhose came to Market. They came in this little plastic eggs and sold at certain gas stations. One ingenious gas station near me was advertising the selling of Leggs. “Each pair comes with Free Installation.”

3 Likes

Shortly after Esso began their Put a Tiger in Your Tank advertising campaign–including free “tiger tails” to attach to your car–the local Shell station erected a large sign reading:
We can clean nasty tiger hair from your tank!

1 Like

Yes!
They used to put the tiger tail coming out of the gas tank fill area.
It’s funny :joy:.

But the one I once used charges about $90 for a synthetic oil change. The only difference between their $40 oil service and the $90 one is the oil they use. I stopped using them. So there you have it: questionable service and obscenely high prices.

1 Like

one my coworker brings his oil jug and asks for basic service while using his oil.
the shop he uses even deducts something like $5 for their basic oil not being used