2014 Ford E150 - AC - Where do I start?

What can I do to get the AC/defrost working again?
It used to work intermittently but now it does not work at all

Do the engine compartment fans spin when the A/C is turned on?

Welcome to the forum…

Please explain what it is not doing as well as what it is not doing… Meaning when you change the mode from dash vents to defrost does the air come out the vents still or out the defrost vents or out at the floor vents??

Also does the AC work at all??
Have you checked for any fault codes with a scanner??

This will probably be a job better suited for a pro mechanic shop…

1 Like

It does not turn on at all no matter what mode it’s on. I ran through the whole gammit. The vents/blower do make strange creaking noises though, both after I turn the truck off, sometimes, and when I switch from using the defrost to ac or to anything else.

OK thanks, next question, does the air speed/volume change with the blower motor (vent fan) speed change (low to high)??

Does your heat work normal??

And please answer all the questions, skipping over question will only delay your help… For example: Have you checked for any fault codes??

No air flow? Repair the blower motor/controls.

It is possible the blower motor failed.

1- No. Nothing comes out of the vents no matter what speed the dial is on.

1. No. The heat does not work either.

If you want to throw parts at it, start with the blower motor resistor first. It’s a common failure and cheap/easy to replace (< $10 online or ~$20 from a parts store). You just need to remove the battery to access it on this vehicle I believe.

Now we are getting somewhere, you (the OP) are going to have to get the air moving 1st to be able to know what else is or is not working correctly for the most part…

As already mentioned, sounds like your blower motor is not working, I would check for power to the blower motor but if you are just throwing parts at it and unable to diagnose it, then throw a blower motor and resister at it, maybe even a pigtail for the resister if offered and blower motor also if offered/burnt 1st and see what happens…

A pro shop of course could check everything out for you and even safe some money if you are wasting money on parts not needed…

1 Like

Turn the ignition switch on, set the blower speed to high, and with the handle of a screwdriver rap on the blower motor.

If the blower starts to work, the blower motor needs replacing.

Tester

1 Like