2014 Dart bulb keeps blowing out

the bulb in my 2014 dodge dart keep blowing about every time I put one it might last about a month, what could cause it?

Would it be asking too much for you to actually say what bulb keeps failing ?

3 Likes

If you’re talking about the headlight bulb, quit touching the glass part of the bulb when replacing it.

1 Like

Not touching the bulb

Are you using the bulb# recommended by the carmaker, and of a brand with a long term good reputation? (Lots of hyped bad stuff is available.)

Yes plus bought a new plug just in case it was bad

These bulbs are almost $30

At rockauto the standard GE bulb for this car is $9 .

Damaged wiring could cause it. Is it just the one bulb that keeps failing?

Notice that the OP has replied 3 times and still won’t tell us what bulb keeps blowing.

Hi Hutchins:
A couple of questions:

1. Is this a headlamp bulb?
  2. Is it the same bulb that keeps blowing out, or do both sides blow out (if it is a headlamp).
  3. Can you reply with the brand name of the bulb you’re replacing it with?

Thanks

Have you noticed any moisture inside the headlight housing?

Next time buy the replacement bulb at a different parts store. Sometimes a whole bin of bulbs will be bad, manufacturer didn’t catch it. I’ve had that happen on my Corolla’s dome light. 4 failed in a row, each lasting less than 2 months, bought the 5th bulb at a different place, same brand, same part number, lasted more than 10 years.

It’s the “DART” bulb (says so right in the title). I guess 2014 is the bulb number. Must be a very specific bulb I can’t find a reference for it anywhere.

1 Like

Is that the one in the side view mirrors that flash on and off when Darting in and out of traffic ?

4 Likes

Or, 2014 is the model year?

I wish the OP would say so…:thinking:

Is it bigger than a bread box?

1 Like