2014 Chevrolet Equinox - Complaints?

Any complaints about the 2014 Equinox?

Actually seems like a ton of them…

1 Like

I bought a 2013 Equinox new and I am happy with it. That said, I would not buy one used especially with the 2.4 DI 4 cyl. The pistons, rings, and a timing chain were replaced at 42k miles 3 years ago due to excessive oil consumption (1 qt/1500 miles) due to premature oil control ring wear. The repair was under warranty so no out of pocket cost. I have not had any problems since the rebuild, but I checked and maintained the oil level religiously once I noticed the level dropping starting between the 20 - 25k oil changes. There is plenty of info on the net about Equinox issues.

This thread has the details.

Note the oil consumption issue was for 2010 to 2012 models, I bought my 2013 in Nov. 2012 so I may have caught the tail end of it. The 2014 may be okay, but I would want a complete vehicle history and an inspection before buying one used.

Ed B.

In Consumer Reports’ reliability ratings, the 2014 Equinox is rated “average”, overall.
The only “problem” areas appear to be the AWD system and the in-car electronics.

Since you appear to be contemplating buying a used vehicle it will be impossible to tell about the particular car you’re considering.

It could be a great car or it could be rolling junk begging for assisted suicide at the car crusher. It all depends upon mileage, driving conditions, and how it was driven and maintained.