2013 Nissan Leaf - What complaints with '13 leaf

What complaints do you have with the 2013 Nissan Leaf

Why are you asking ? Also who do you think you are asking. This is an open forum so you might be better served looking for a Nissan Leaf specific forum.

I don’t own one, but I drove the first-gen Leaf a few times. I didn’t like the poor crash test scores and it was a bit pokey. That and the ridiculously short range. Not exactly a looker either. I love the new Leaf.

The first gen. Leaf was pretty weak when new, I’d pass on a used one.

I’d be concerned about the battery pack replacement costs. As far as I know nobody but Nissan offers replacements, it’s not like the Prius where there are multiple third party vendors that you can get replacement battery packs from, (which drives down the cost}. A replacement batter pack for this car will run somewhere around $8k-$9k. IIRC.

Not speaking from direct experience, but the main complaint I seem to hear is the driving range is a little too short, especially in cold weather, and this sometimes causes the owner range-anxiety. Otherwise the folks I know that have them seem to think it is a pretty good car. They certainly enjoy driving past the gas stations every day, never stopping for gas.

1 Like