2013 Mazda CX-9 - Help with noise

Can anyone tell me what is causing an annoying squeak in my 2013 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring? The squeak seems to come from within the right front dashboard area. It is speed sensitive in that in starts over 45 mph and seems to get faster with increased speed. It generally takes a few miles to begin and does not start until after the first day of hard driving at highway speeds. Road surface makes no difference. Turning off the fan makes no difference. The sound is similar to what poorly lubricated speedometer cables used to make when cars had speedometer cables. The sound is similar to what a small fan would make when its bearings were going out. The sound is similar to the sound wheel bearings make when poorly lubricated. High pitched rattle/squeak. I’ve looked for loose anythings at the glovebox, dash, vents, door hinges, seat and seat operating mechanisms. No luck.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Its probably the brake pad wear indicator your are hearing if its speed sensitive. Ask your mechanic to check the wheel bearings at the same time.

1 Like

Hi Roger, I have the same problem with my Mazda cx9 AWD I check the brake and the bearing is not from there. Is like two part of the body touching each other.

Please do you find the problem in your own car?