2012 Volkswagen Golf has stalled 20 times!

My car kept stalling over and over and over throughout 2017 and 2018. I got my car back from my dealership on November 24 of last year after getting it fixed for the third time, and it was fine after that.

Then on May 24 of this year - six months to the day after my last repair - my car stalled while I was idling interminably in line at a car wash. I started it up alright, but it stalled again just a couple of minutes later. I got it running again. I dismissed it because I had been idling for several minutes in a single-file line out of the traffic flow.

Then today, it stalled as I was coming to a stop at a traffic signal. I didn’t have to listen for the engine - I only needed to see that the red battery light had come on and I knew it had happened again. The “check engine light” never comes on - only the battery light. It always starts up again alright, but I know I’m going to have to deal with it again later.

My mechanic replaced the crankshaft sensor, the purge valve, and the knock sensor, in that order, and he assured me that the fuel pump was fine, but again, it keeps happening. My mechanic wants to check the fuel pump module.

Apart from that, I have no idea what the problem could be.

I don’t know if this applies to your vehicle, but I found this on Rockauto, and wondered why?

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/volkswagen,2012,golf,2.5l+l5,1502683,ignition,ignition+coil+wiring+harness+repair+kit,15553

Tester

That was a problem with my 2000 Golf.

And to think.

VW couldn’t fix it in two years?

Tester

I’m beginning to think it’s been the fuel pump all along.