2012 Toyota Camry SE Repair backing into pole

@dwang41 "What people did you talk to? Sure, it will go down as a claim, but since there were no injuries or expensive lawsuits, use your insurance. I doubt that your rates will go up. I had a rock hit my windshield years ago. I called my insurance company and they sent me to a glass shop. I never saw the bill for the replacement. Another time I was pelted by steel shavings from a truck where the tarp was loose. I didn’t realize I had damage until a week later. I called the insurance company, got my 2 estimates from reliable body shops and the hood, top, and trunk were repainted. My insurance rates did ,not increase. Ignore the word on the street.

Agree, file a claim and get it done. Geez when I was in college, I side swiped three cars once on the way to church and my rates have never gone up. In my defense there were cars parked on both sides of the street so not much room, and there were icy ruts in the road. My fast idle stuck on in my old Pontiac and slipped into the ruts. Once you were in the rut there was no way to avoid the cars. Yeah I was a kid.

One step at a time. Get a new taillight assembly and see if you can mount it.

Your rates are already high because insurers expect young folks to have accidents. It’s already factored in. Call your insurer and get it repaired properly. Just be honest, and you should be fine.

how pretty does it need to be ?
Is it leased and need to be showroom new again ?
Is cosmeting looks not so important ?

Get a used tail lamp to be legal and take it froom there.
The quarter panel is knocked inward about three inches and a lamp might not just bolt in.
disassembly and investigation are in order to see if…
if you can bolt it in as is…
or…if you can hammer out that corner better.