2012 Nissan Maxima- HVAC frustration

I just bought a 2012 Maxima for my wife, she loves the car but every time she gets in the car she has to turn the heater on and the a/c off I read the manual but it’s not clear. Any ideas?

If this thing has auto temp , just set the temperature to 72 degrees and let it do its thing. If the A/C light is on while the heater is used that is normal. That helps keep the windows clear of fog.

1 Like

Ya all my other Honda’s a/c was on but a/c light wasn’t so there is a setting so when you start the car the heater stays on rafter you shut it off and restart it?
Thanks

Loren

Do you have auto temp ?

Yes it’s the type A heater and air conditioner control that’s in the manual

Loren

We just bought the car from her brother and I’ve been out of town and she hasn’t been able to figure it out so I’ll mess with it this weekend
thank you

Loren

Then you set the temp to what ever you want for each side then leave it alone . You can set it for 72 and never have to touch it again . So stop pressing buttons . If you are still confused go by the Nissan dealer and have them show you. I guess this is your first auto temp .

Yep lol
Thanks Appreciate it

Loren

If the cabin temperature is cold the HVAC system should deliver heat when in “Auto” mode without respect to the A/C light. Do you find the HVAC system to be sending cold air when in the auto mode?

More than half of the customer vehicles that I get in have the ATC temperature set to full hot or full cold, people try to micro manage the HVAC system but it doesn’t make any difference in performance. It does make a difference in the stink, when set to full hot they switch off the ventilation system after a few minutes, the result is foul air in the vehicle, set to full cold the system will be in recirculate mode indefinitely, again no fresh air.

No it works fine no smell I think I just need to figure out and put it in auto mode
thank you

Loren

Call the brother you bought the car from for help.

We did he just used it the way it is lol
Thanks

Loren